Dr. Amar Arun Patel
Orthopaedic Hand and Upper Extremity Specialist
Amar Arun Patel, MD
Dr. Patel will be available to see patients beginning September 1, 2017. To schedule an appointment, please call (708) 442-0221.
Dr. Patel was born in Chicago, Illinois. He attended the Pennsylvania State University where he was part of the accelerated Pre-Medical/Medical program and was recognized as an Eberly College of Science Scholar. He obtained his medical degree from Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, PA, where he was elected into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society.
Dr. Patel completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at the University of Miami / Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, FL. He then completed his hand and upper extremity surgery fellowship at the Indiana Hand to Shoulder Center in Indianapolis, IN. During his fellowship, he also delivered medical care in hand surgery to local hospitals in Managua, Nicaragua. Throughout his training, Dr. Patel has authored numerous peer-reviewed journal articles and textbook chapters and has presented his work at the national level.
Dr. Patel speaks conversational Spanish and Gujarati. His hobbies include traveling, cooking, sports, music, and cinema.
- Medical: Jefferson Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Orthopaedic Residency: University of Miami / Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, Florida
- Orthopaedic Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship: The Indiana Hand to Shoulder Center, Indianapolis, Indiana
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- American Association for Hand Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- American Medical Association